Sunday, April 4, 2010

Earthquake kits in Greenwood

After catching my chicken, True moved right on to rigging the 520. Excellent helper!
Not too many things the Trek 520 can't do.
I was actually fairly impressed with my rigging.

Darren seems pretty impressed as well.

I had been putting it off for while, but the fact is that sooner or later we are going to have an earthquake in Seattle. I like to drink beer, and you can't make beer without water. I figured it might be a good thing to have a few gallons stored in the basement. I aquirred 4 of these fine 15 gallon containers from my father in Snohomish and spent a couple hours on Sunday cleaning and filling them in the basement. Storage in the 500 square foot palace is at a bit of a premium, so I phone Darren to see if he was interested in two of them. The neighbor boy True is always keen to help and I really needed an extra set of hands for a minute. Thanks True!

Great opportunity for a Front Door Adventure! I rigged two of the containers to the 520 and hauled them over to Darren's place a little over a mile away. No sense in driving I say. I got plenty of funny looks along the way, but what the heck, it's Greenwood.

You don't have to go far to have a good adventure!

Kla Ha Ya

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment